Monday, June 19, 2006

The music always sounds so sad at the end of a wedding reception

I'm joining my mate in boycotting winter. You'll find me down at the carpark with my shirt ripped off shouting "I defy you!", into the starry night. It doesn't even snow. No blanket of white to rouse the senses. I can't feel and I can't feel. I think I may need help. I'm listening to The Velvet Underground - Stephanie says, and it reminds of a Stephanie I knew back in primary. I think she stayed at my school till grade 2 - 3. A tomboy that appealed to my young mind. My last memory of her was when she kicked me in the knee. I think she liked me. She lightly blew on my hands once for warmth, in the water. Do people do that anymore?

What are you doing these days Stephanie? Do you want to come back to my yacht and drink champagne?

Australia just lost to Brazil so I'm pounding each key with the same sort of desperate enthusiasm I recall feeling during my short-lived combat career.

[MP3] The Velvet Underground - Stephanie says

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home