Wednesday, May 24, 2006

He walks like he's still laying in a hammock!

2 uni students accosted me today at a farm. They were doing a project on farm workers and wanted to take some pictures. I tried to convince them that I spoke minimal english and that I had 5 children to take care off. My name was Dong and I was an illegal immigrant. My cover was blown when the group leader came over and told them I was joking. Stupido!. After that they got suss on me.

I did get in one bit when they were filming. I walked past the camera, showing them my attempt at the world speed record for the nonchalant walk. I had a bag of branches on my back and I swear, the way I was walking that day, I coulda walked straight to Milan. Then I would kiss my biceps and announce "This one's for Royal Children's Hospital". Man, I'm smooth.

Next in my car theme is car crashes...or illegal things to do with cars. Considering why I lost my licence, it's relevant.

[MP3] Neko case - Star witness

This is a dark, noir-country sounding song. It starts off with her true love crashing his car and drowning in the oil pan of the vehicle. "
There were no survivors". It doesn't sound as sad as the lyrics may indicate. The lyrics are fantastically brutal, without sounding it. "There's glass in my thermos, blood on my jeans". It sound's alot like someone recounting the past. Beautiful song and my favorite off "Fox Confessor brings the flood" (which is a pretty tops album too)

[MP3] Bruce Springsteen - Stolen car

I can't have a theme about cars without putting up a Bruce Springsteen song. Nearly half his back catalogue has something to do with cars and driving them. The protaganist talks about his lost love and hopes to be nicked by the cops while he's driving a stolen car. It's a flirtation with being destroyed that appeals to me (cops getting him).

[MP3] Eskimo Joe - Car crash

From a very underrated album. Perfectly shows off the lead singers strange vocals. A nice simple song. A tortured voice, a guitar and a child-like piano in the background. "I don't wanna die in a car crash with you".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home