Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Rubik's cube! Transform and roll out!

When I was younger, my parents worked at a farm. They used to take me and my cousins up there with them and we would play behind the shed, in some kind of sand pit thingy.

One day, while playing amongst the strawberry lanes, a German Shepard appeared out of nowhere, all teeth and loud growling noises and I waz built to ze German effiency of a killing machine!. You know, at this point the fat controller in your head presses the button that activates program: pants browning+girly shriek. One cousin bolted left, the other went right. I lashed down one of aisles. I heard it behind me and was just about to look back, when I tripped over a branch, and face planted the dirt and passed out. It was like I was an extra in some sci-fi movie, and the director is telling me "at this point, you trip over on your boots, and 15 horny aliens mate with your face". Gee, that's swell Spielberg.

When I came too, they were carrying me to the house. I was not injured except for a large bruise on my head. Limbs and sanity were still intact. The farm owners put me in the care of their son, who was abit older then me. He walked me into his room and showed me, what could only be described as, a child's dream world. He had all these fancy toys sitting on his shelves. Robots, cars, figurines...all gleaming in the midday sun. He told me I could take some of his toys. My eye's gleamed, and I imagine they would have become dollar symbols like in those cartoons (with cash register ka-ching sound fx of course). But then he ushered me to his closet and opened it to reveal his stash of dud toys. "Here you go. You can have these"

Amongst the bung toys was a left gumboot (no right foot) and a rubik's cube.

What the hell was a kid my age going to do with a fricken rubik's cube?

Years later, in a drunken haze, I blamed my friend Troy for the ordeal because he looks so much like a grown up version of that kid. You bastido troy!

*I'm aware Speilberg didn't direct aliens*

1 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

Omigod...you're gonna be so jealous!! Muahahaha!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home