Wednesday, March 15, 2006

PUNK'd

I was once chased out of a flat, by a man with a butcher's knife.

I was at this girl's house and her father was supposed to be away for the weekend.

"We have the flat to ourselves, Thao..." as she fluttered her eyes and grinned.

My mind conjured images of possibilities. But where to get parachutes and crusade era knight armour at this time of night...

I had just taken off all my clothes except for my boxer shorts when, showing what could only be precise comedic timing, her father burst in. He took one look at the scene and bolted into the kitchen. INTERMISSION!

*Okay, asian father 101: Fathers are very protective of their daughters. Some asian fathers go a bit further by scaring their daughter's boyfriends with knives and swords. I have witnissed my uncle chasing his daughter's (then) boyfriend down the road, with a machete. It's a pants browning situation.*

Now, the second he ran into the kitchen with the facial expression of a constipated Hulk, I knew fully well I had to leg it out of there. Running down the stairs from the 9th floor, half naked is no fun. I never looked back till I got outside the building and behind the bushes. I was stranded in richmond (in the slums side) for a good hour.

Have I written down this story before?

1 Comments:

Blogger malachi trizec said...

"asian father 101: Fathers are very protective of their daughters. some asian fathers go a bit further by scaring their daughter's boyfriends with knives and swords."

...hell, i moved cross-country to avoid mine, freud's electra complex be damned.

funny post, though.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home