Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The interrogator! no, the instigator! no, the invigorator!

Going to the BDO on no sleep wasn't so bad. Except for when I was watching Sleater Kinney, where I actually fell asleep (for a second), standin up in a mosh. I dunno if they were boring or I was tired. How rock and roll is that? Highlights:

The Grates - Fun music that got me up and crazy. Was the first band I saw. Lead singer Patience goes crazy too, in her white dress.

The Subways - A 3 piece band that gave a great live show. The Bassist, Charlotte, was possessed by rock demons. Sensual. Very sensual. Their show made me want to dive into the crowd and kneecap everyone.

Edan - Calls himself "The Humble Magnificent". A tight rapper with an affinity for the kazoo. Pleasantly suprised with this show.

Hilltop Hoods
- Simply the illest. 'nuff said. Aussie hip hop makes life good babeee

The Mars Volta - Insane live show. Lead singer moves like an epileptic man in a dance off against the Lord of the Dance (wait, maybe that was me dancing?)

Iggy Pop & the Stooges - The reigning godfather of rock. Man of muscle and no fat. Pillar of oldschool mayhem. He is still going strong that guy. He threatened to come down to fuck us all. Somehow it seemed believable...

Common - Great show to cap off the night. Smooth jazz hip hop, and crazy scratching. I got a ticket to riiiiide!!!

Too bad I lost some of my friends during the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home