Sunday, January 29, 2006

Palindromes and Banana phones

Happy Vietnamese new year, for 29 of January. Tis the year of the dog. Usually at this time, relatives, cousins, uncles, aunties and family friends abuse their privileges by meandering into my personal space, plastic grin set to loop on their face's (as is on my face). I'm too old to be getting red packets (read: money) so seeing them has no real purpose anymore. But...but...it's nice to catch up with family members you never see. Poppycock! I have better things to do than wax lyrical about who's kid is who's.

But then a fuddy duddy old aunt hands me a red packet, and suddenly it's not so bad. Oh snap, bribed again.

Today I met my sister's (soon to be) mother and father-in-law. A delightful couple. Too bad my parents and them do not understand each other (Chinese and Vietnamese). They told each other jokes through a translater (me and my sis). Simple pleasures. Simple laughs...and free Yum Cha! Huzzah!

Slightly revised Big Day Out list (still undecided on some):

11:08 - 11:40pm - The Grates at Con stage
12:20 - 1pm - The Subways at Con stage
1 - 1:45pm - Sarah Blasko at RRR green stage
2 - 2:40pm - Bit by bats (Although I'l prolly just wander around at this time) at V stage
3 - 3:40pm/3 - 3:45pm - TZU or EDAN (get into the hip hop mood) at V stage or Hothouse
3:50 - 4:45pm - Hilltop hoods (bask in the hip hop) at Orange stage
4.45 - 5.45pm/4:45 - 5:30pm - Kings of Leon or End of Fashion at Blue or Con stage
5 - 5:45pm - Augie March (Throw up the horns for folk music) at V stage
6:30 - 7:30pm - At this point, power up to the zenith of your enthusiusm and get a spot for Mars Volta... go see M.I.A for 15mins at Boiler room
7 - 8:30pm - Mars Volta (assume the rock pose) at RRR green stage
7:45 - 8:45pm - Iggy & the Stooges (gotta see at least a tiny bit. Gotta confirm that this frame of a man still walks amongst the living. Hum 1969 and Wanna be your dog) at Orange stage
8:45 - 10pm/9 - 10pm - The White Stripes (Shoot mind bullets at Jack white)/Common (get my groove on) at Blue stage or Hothouse.

Still undecided between Iggy and Mars Volta. I know I will probably see Mars Volta come back sometime, and Iggy will probably not come back. But I really want to see both now. Stupid timetable. I'll see how the day goes.

Thao Nguyen wishes for ... Iggy Volta. An amalgamation of... well, you get the picture.

Don't you?

Don't you!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home