Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Giant slayer!

In Memoriam: Rosa Parks, civil rights icon, at age 92 You were a great woman.

I'm still sick. Some cold/flu jobbie. I had a blood nose today too and sneezed blood everywhere. Quite a scene. I contemplated running outside and shouting "I slayed the giant!! I slayed the giant!" with blood all over my hands, but I feared people would not understand my particular brand of humour.
And mace me.

OPB beer Beer made from...read the article.

Here's a fun thing for you, before I go to work. You will need a discman/mp3 player (anything that plays music. Wait till it's the dead of night, find a quiet, relatively straight bit of path/road (Suburbs streets are the best). The wider the better. Any large space would do actually. Make sure no one is around. Put on your headphones and close your eyes. I usually choose something haunting from Cat Power, Mazzy Star, Radiohead, Tori Amos etc but I guess you could choose any song. Now play that song, and start slowly walking forwards with your eyes still closed. It is a strange experience. I found it hard to stop my urges to open my eyes. See how far you can get. I did it with New Buffalo's cover of "4 seasons in one day". Nearly made it for the whole song. I also nearly shat my pants. *cough*

Well, off to work. Phlegm and tears for everyone! Gah!

2 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

Wow. OPB. What will the peeps of my hometown thnk of next?
--M

9:03 AM  
Blogger malachi trizec said...

i managed to do it using the shortest song i have, 'scorch' by d generation: it's only a minute & 17 seconds long...that counts, right?

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home