Wednesday, August 31, 2005

He's caught the rambles, he has!

ram·ble intr.v. ram·bled, ram·bling, ram·bles

1.To move about aimlessly.
2.To walk about casually or for pleasure.
3.To follow an irregularly winding course of motion or growth.
4.To speak or write at length and with many digressions.

Something about my parents:
My dad recently started a "piggy bank" of sorts. He has this big can thing (with money designs painted on it. Complete cheese) that he pulls out when he has some spare breadsticks (I meant cash...I'll explain this another time) to plonk in. This seems to make him happy. It may seem wierd, but since I am responsible for the family's "financials", we don't allow him to spend willy-nilly. hence, he gets "pocket money" of sorts. My mum has this curious thing she does when my dad is in a bad/sad mood. She would drop a couple of $1-2 coins onto the ground, where she knows my dad will see it. When he finds it, his face always lights up. She's a thinker that woman.

So it's 3.45am. I might head out into the rain and go buy some stuff at safeway. Might write more when i come back.
-----
I'm back. I'm not a big fan of winter. I enjoy the light shower (and walks on the beach. Call me now), but being pelted mercilessly by a deluge of water is not my idea of fun.

/I actually wrote something else here. But I edited it out. I'll just leave this:

Secrets are strange things. We hold onto them, even though they are tearing us apart. How strange we are.

Speaking of secrets. Once again, I recommend this site. Fascinating.

This page full of "Essentialist" descriptions of English made me laugh. Some that caught my eye:
Australian (english) is essentially a dialect of English as spoken by hungry Europeans pursuing a kangaroo dinner.
--ilvi
English is essentially bad Dutch with outrageously pronounced French and Latin vocabulary.
--Eugene Holman
English is essentially Norse as spoken by a gang of French thugs.
--Benct Philip Jonsson
English is what you get from Normans trying to pick up Saxon girls.
--Bryan Malone
Pure gold. There's other languages there too.

One last thing. Australia doesn't have a "fraternity" type culture like America, but if I ever started one, I want it to be called Alpha Mega Pimpin. I have dreams too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home