Monday, October 03, 2005

Whatta ya mean speed metal ain't romantic?

My sister asked me to find a nice song for her wedding dance. It got me thinking of what I would use for my wedding. Would I go for something as crazy as the Ewok's celebration at the end of Return of the Jedi, otherwise known as the "Yub Nub" dance. Jack Black's version of "Let's get it on" is a definate contender. If I was in a funk mood, probably Skaddabox's "Magic Hands" would be my choice. Would the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" work? Instead of kissing we'd high five? Or maybe the Streets "Wouldn't have it any other way", with such romantic lines as:

"But as I watch the big screen, I know I will quite miss, Me and her roachin a spliff watchin the tv again".

Beautiful. Maybe for a rock wedding I could have At the Drive-in's "Arc arsenal", "Have you, ever tasted skin?". The cheesy Belinda Carlisle "Leave a light on for me" would be for the 80's lovers. Cafe tacuba's "Ojala Oue Llueva Cafe"? (Don't ask for the lyrics) Great for those weddings in paradise. A beach wedding like that moron Pamela Anderson had. Donovan Frankenreiter's "On my mind" would probably be better for a beach wedding actually. Infact, nearly any song of Donovan/Jack Johnson/Xavier Rudd/The Beautiful girls would suffice. The cure has some great songs for depressive lovers. "Friday I'm in love", "Just like heaven",
If I was in a funny mood, Tom Waits song "Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis" would provide some chuckles. Ween's "Waving my dick in the wind" would be completely inappropriate. Hehe. The indie crew would probably lap up Sigur Ros's "Njosnavelin (Nothing Song)". No lyrics for that one either. Those boys actually make up some of the words in their lyrics. Gah! I've exhausted myself on wacky songs. I'm just being silly now.

1 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

How about Penning the Penultimate by the Velvet Teen or Seaweed by the Friut bats? If you wanna go with the more trad rock and roll option, don't forget the early nineties was host to some excellent Rock ballads!! (Yes!) like November Rain, Guns 'n' Roses, or More than Words by Swedens own, Extreme.
On the Ween tip, The highly romantic Paper Doll by Louis XIV might serve to pose the question, "don't we all want to bet banged like the girls in Hong Kong?"

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home