Thursday, September 29, 2005

..playing sad songs down the phone, to no one in particular...

I've been listening to alot of 'The Mountain Goats' lately. Here is a list of 7 songs I recommend for people. I can't stop exercising the use of the repeat button when I hear them.

Old College Try - I want to say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet
Things will shortly get completely out of hand

Love Love Love - some things you do for money
and some you do for love love love

Pale Green Things - My sister called at 3 AM
Just last December
She told you how you'd died at last, at last

There Will Be No Divorce - and you punched out all the windows
and the wind began to wail
and you gathered your hair behind your head
like god was gonna catch you by the pony tail.

Your Belgian Things - I wish you had a number where you are
It's hard with no one here to help me through it

The Mess Inside - but i wanted you to love me like you used to do

No Children - And I hope you die,
I hope we both die.

3 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

I always imagine that if I ever made it to Melbourne, the two of us would be running through the streets with flasks of whiskey and red keg-cups full of Fosters blasting The Mountain Goats and the Fruit Bats on our Casio boom-box. Then, to no one in particular, we'd start screaming "GENERALS GATHERING THIER MASSES!!!" as we jumped on to the back of a garbage truck to hitch a ride to the courthouse. Then, we'd get married. The end.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Thaozee said...

"..on our Casio boom-box.."

That line made my day.

4:33 PM  
Blogger anon said...

*smiling uncontrolably*
Fruit Bats are playing SF tonight.
(Yes Thao, there is a god.)
--M

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home