Saturday, October 01, 2005

I've got Hip Hop taste buds

I had the best dream once. Me and my friends were hippies (long hair, bandanas, colourful garbs) and we were hiding behind an old looking fence, while the whole Nazi Germany army was rapidly advancing. All we had left were a couple of "6-shooter" guns (like the one's Clint Eastwood likes to lug around). Outnumbered, and lacking in hope, we decided to have one last hurrah and take out as many soldiers down as we could. The second we jumped out from behind the fence (in a sort of John Woo action dive), everything went into slow motion and Apollo Four Forty's "Stop the Rock" came on. I don't know if people know this song, but the lyrics go:

Shake that paranoia, can't stop the rock!
Come move me move me
Dancing like Madonna, into the groovy!

Stop the rock, can't stop the rock
You can't stop the rock, can't stop the rock

Unfortunately we all were gunned down. But we went down to a beat, which is really all you can ever ask for. Anyway, best dream ever!

In a couple fo hours, I go towards an event called "Block Party", which is a showcase of Aussie Hip Hop acts under the label of "Obese Records". Should be epic (as Quicky would say). Also hopefully I can drop by to wish Jess a happy birthday later in the night. I hope she fulfills her promise and dance's on a table for me. I'm a simple man. Tonight I can pretend that nothing has a hold of me.

Sometimes I wished I lived in America. Rarely though

1 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

I am so going to that. I'll pick you up somethin' pretty, though.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home