Saturday, September 17, 2005

Lanterns from the moon!

The Chinese/Vietnamese Moon festival comes again on the 18 of september, in conjunction with lantern day. Which means lanterns and mooncake for all! I went to visit my little cousins today cause I wanted to go for the lantern walk with them. Too bad Brandon got sick (blood nose, stomach aches), so we ended up just lighting the lanterns and wondering around the house. Bianca was too scared to hold the lanterns (the fire). I also bought some mooncakes. These things can range from cheapo, to daaaaamn expensive. Huge range too. Some are most definately an acquired taste. Some pics and info can be found here and here

The 18th is actually my sister's real birthday. Born on Mooncake/Lantern day....how lucky can ya get?

Anyway, everyone grab a lantern and go for a walk with good company. It'll do the soul a ton of good.

HAPPY MOONCAKE LANTERN DAY!

1 Comments:

Blogger still_figuring_out said...

i had a lantern in the shape of a fish. i loved carrying it around and walking around my neighborhood. i wonder what happened to it..

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home