Friday, July 07, 2006

This is not my beer Becc!

I've avoided writing in this blog. I put it off until I forgot about it. It's not that I don't want to write. It's more I don't want to write what I'm thinking. I sit down and the my stream of thought becomes dark and murky. Things can be misunderstood by any unfortunate reader. be calm sucker.

I must get this place up to scratch though.

My boy in Canada has safely arrived home, and I can't help but think that maybe everything's going to be alright after all. It's strange really, it feels like he hasn't left. Not to say that I haven't missed him, but he fits back into my life like a glove. He has changed, but it's still him. The boy I threw rocks at before we became friends. He's acquired an accent, and strays from an Aussie drawl to a Canadian swirling of words with an "r". He sometimes ends his sentences with "ey", which makes me wonder why I don't end my sentences with "jerk". Just, you know, slip it in there casual like. "So I was walking down the street...jerk" *grin* It's good to have you back Quicky.

June and July is national wallet voodoo months. It's when the person who has an effigy of my wallet is stabbing it with pins and reciting curses. Every week is a fucken birthday, and my wallet cries tears of pure dollars. But it sure is fun. The most recent was Flyboy's, where we got hopped up on cocktails. Cheaps cocktails have a tendency to not make you feel effeminate. Especially when you buy 6 at once. And there were no security so no danger of getting ejected by people who's name could only possibly be Big Bertha, be it male or female. We worked out the proper way for a straight male to hug another straight male. You hug normally, but you pat them on the back 3 times. Then, optionally, you can seperate and add in some killer handshake moves. Then Flyboy dropped his pants twice, so it was only a matter of time before we got kicked out of the new club. Aren't birthdays great?

The night ended with me and Flyboy skolling Straight vodka, goonbag (Baysy briefcase) and chasing it with a redback beer, because we couldn't find Flyboy's beer. Cue morning when we sat around drinking tea watching a mechanical toy penguin waddle around a table for 2 to 4 minutes.

The World Cup is winding down and I'm saddened to see it go. Another 4 years :( Fuck you

I need to get back into this writing jobby.

1 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

Glad to see Quicky brought home a little bit of the Pac-NW with him, eh?
--M

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home