Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The bear deserved it. I swear

Today a police officer came to my door and confiscated my driver's licence. I am suspended from driving for 12 months. Most likely a fine will be coming my way in a couple of weeks when my case reaches the courts.

That's all right and good if they counted those months from nearer to the time of my accident. Their promise of "6 weeks" has become nearly a 6 month wait to process my blood alcohol concentration. In that time I have refrained from driving a vehicle (unless I was heading down to Safeway or to return a movie). I do not drive to work (farm and takeaway shop). I caught public transport or asked for lifts from friends and family. Now you are telling me my driving suspension starts right fucken now!? So the 12month suspension is really an 18 month suspension? With my suspension possibly going even higher when it reaches the courts? 18+ month suspension and a fine? Damn you.

Congratulations. You've won. It's finished. You've broken me. I'm done. I am tired, thin and stretched. You've helped me dig my own hole. Now you are filling it up and I don't want to fight my way out anymore. I don't see the flowers bloom. There are no more bright colors. The people do not have shining eyes. I did everything right, and I did everything wrong. And I've paid, and I've paid, and I've paid and I've paid. It doesn't get any lighter. And it doesn't get any easier. A dreamer, when I should have been a realist. Take a bow, you are the jester and the clown of the piece. Take a bow you piece of shit. Take a bow and reap what you sow.



All that's needed has been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?

Gu Long






Maybe this post was an excuse to post this great picture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home