Thursday, January 05, 2006

And the whole silly saga plays out again

Behold! A new year dawns! What manner of obstacles will you throw at us this time?

A new year. Time to reflect, or jettison unwanted memories?

I miss me boy in Canada, but I hear he is finding comfort in the arms of 2 fine young ladies. Hope you had a good one Benny boy.

With this new year, comes change. Some of my friends are moving further away from me. It is sad but altogether not unexpected. A natural progession really. I hope they find their new places of abode stimulating and pleasing to mind. And I hope they will let me shack up with em when I'm cold, drunk and seriously in short of cash. I hope they open the door for me when it's 2am. Is the password still "Yo Yo Wack Wack"? Will you leave the light on for me, honey?

I honestly had serious fears going into the new year. I had irrational thoughts of time running out. I don't know where this thought came from. It came, unbidden, and I shuddered at the fear it caused within me. It has mostly abated now. But I wonder, still. Well, here I come year-y boy. I accept the future you have arrayed for me. A defeatist stance, I know.

My new year resolution is simple and direct, but send in the negotiator anyway. I will quit smoking (been 5 days now). Kevin Spacey never had it so easy. Although I question my sanity in quitting smoking, when this year looks like it will be my most stressful. Hopefully I don't explode like a pinata (hands up who has that fear?), with kids surrounding me, pawing at the Thao candy that will be wizzing from my shattered frame. We'll see how long I can last without puffing the stress killers. Bye bye PJ's

My arm is still not fully healed. I can't pump my fist into the air while watching the Karate Kid, just yet. The doctor berates me for using it too much. The man does not know the meaning of necessity. I'm looking at a late January robotic arm upgrade, with side skirts and giant spoiler. Also the exhaust system will be overhauled to provide maximum power! *cough* I mean, a decent recovery.

Here's to another year of standing on stage in the spotlight. Beads of sweat forming on my forehead as the performance turns sour. Maybe. Will I be bowing to a standing ovation? Or will I be booed offstage?

The strings of fate are pulled ever tighter...on my hoody.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melby said...

You are always welcome my friend. I was telling Jarrod that I worry the neighbours will think we are swingers as we have a different person staying each night!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home