Friday, June 10, 2005

Wrinkles vis-a-vis Life

1.07am and I'm feeling the pain of insomnia. I've finally set up my little Sunair convection heater. So that's 1 point to Thaozee and zero to winter. Take that mother nature!! Took me awhile though. The instruction booklet manages to, in perfect plain english, explain nothing about how to attach the stand/legs, except for one tiny B&W thumbnail that doesn't even look like the legs. "Attach legs using 4 self tapping screws". Oh okay, the screws in my hand or the 16 other screws of various sizes that are not even mentioned! They've also given me 4 plastic doo-hickeys and 4 metallic thingy-me-bobs. I just clipped the legs in and prayed that the heater will not blow up like the last one...

On nights like these (re: cold and in danger of raining the second I step out) I tend to get slightly moody. Despair kicks in like a 'bat outta hell', and proceeds to drag up stupid thoughts. Depression comes and you have to fight it off with moves you've learnt from old Bruce Lee and David Carradine films. The feeling that you are lost comes to many a young people. Like we're doing sweet fuck all and times running out fast. Maybe I should be doing some artistic stuff, like taking out-of-focus pictures of the city at night, as an expression of my wanton despair. Isn't that what all young people do when they are sad? I've seen it in the movies...
Another thing photographers like to do is take extreme close ups of a sad strangers face, then pass it off as an 'expression of real life' (in B&W of course). Oooohh, their wrinkles are so sharp. This is life you say?
poppycock! (definition no.2) All you did was take a close up photo of their face and piqued my interest in a possible purchase of your impressive camera. An Olympus you say? I should have known...
Since I have no car tomorrow, I have no work tomorrow (until night). RAMS must be called, and a new date must be set damnit! And if they refuse, I have no qualms about crying like an idiot. I've tried my best. Mental note: Next time don't fuck up.

Shall I try to get some sleep or pop in my (fully boxed) Wong Kar Wai "2046" DVD that I bought from Hong Kong? dilemmas, dilemmas...

Thaozee wonders when the Australian government will send a defence team for Russel Crowe, like they did for Schapelle Corby...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home