Friday, February 09, 2007

Dude! Danish Centaurs!

And it’s been such a lovely day
Let’s not let it end this way

So it's a new year. Fresh faces blink out the time. And you lie in bed, occupying the time between lying awake knowing the alarm will go off, and the alarm actually going off. It's a peacful moment. A sliver of a second. A quiet time. Your time. And you map out your seconds, your minute, your days, your years and your lifetimes. You nod approvingly to your grand plans.

Today I'll whistle more. A small tune within my boundaries. Today I'll gesture more, and make elongated movements with my arm. Today I'll dance on powerlines and drink from the cradle of the sky. I won't apologize. People will understand. They'll wink, knowingly. "There he goes", they'll say, "there he goes. He has plans you see. Plans".

We'll share a stifled laugh under the old bridge. "Oh who put all those cares inside your head?". We'll join clubs and alliances. "We'll put it off for one more day". Don't look back in the years. Behind is the dancing shadows, leaping higher. The gaping chasm, like kissing the lips of your dead love. "No you're right, we'll put it off for just another day".

So how are you world? I'll bow and I'll grin. The possibilities are mounting and I'm ready. I'm swirling like a drunkard.

*whistles*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home