Friday, October 27, 2006

BONZAAAAAA

In the last couple of weeks I've been helping my cousin pick her children up from school. She's been stuck at the doctor's or the hospital a lot. I'm the only person that doesn't work 5 days a week and can easily skip work, so it fell to me.

The first couple of times were pretty interesting. I would walk down to the school, putting on my best non-vagabond face. If anyone talked to me I was prepared to answer them in a heavy british accent. All toffy like ol chap. I was trying my darn best to appear nothing like a drug dealer or child pervert. Or both. It all fell to shit when I appeared behind the fence and was greeted with Bianca bursting into tears shouting "I want mummy!". Now I know these kids. They come around sunday morning to punch Uncle Thao in the balls while he is asleep and hung over. That's why the first time picking up Brandon was worse. I Jumped through the door with a hearty BRANDON! and my arms outspread. The teacher came up and asked him if he knows me and the little shit shakes his head. So there I was feeling as awkward as a man with an erection in a giraffe cage. When I finally sorted it out (by calling his mum to confirm), and we walked out the door, the brat giggles and shouts at me "LET'S GO UNCLE THAO!".

These days it is better. I get greeted with an "UNCLE THAO! OVER HERE!" and when I stand there at the playground watching them play on the monkey bars, they tell the other kids that over there stands their Uncle Thao. Then they smile and wave. I can't help but feel fucking great. I'm soaring on the g-force of gods, man. It really is all worth it.

--------

I've been having trouble posting on blogger. The fucking hag of a place throws out errors and refuses to comply with my demands. Damn you Blogger. I couldn't even leave a comment on my own blog. Shit sucks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home