Saturday, December 10, 2005

A waste

A friend asked me the other day my thoughts on the Van Nguyen case. It has certainly divided people in Australia. My simple answer is: He should not have been hanged. Some people believe that since he broke the law in Singapore, he should be punished by their laws. People say his package of heroin could potentially have killed many people. Potentially. I would have had no problems if the Singaporean Government locked him up, but to hang him is such a waste of life. Killing a drug courier will not even dent the drug trade. Drug barons are not quaking in their boots (and getting into escape pods). There will always be couriers. All they did was destroy a young life, that made a stupid mistake. In a world wrestling with hate, I would have thought intelligent people would advocate forgiveness. I guess I'm wrong. A life is wasted. He recieved no chance to redeem himself. A mother is left with a fleeting touch of her son's hand.

It's so fucken stupid. No parent should out live their children. How can people not value life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home