Thursday, August 04, 2005

Mitcham owes me a tenner

I recieved the strangest letter the other day. I assume a mate's playing funny buggers with me. It was sent by one Andrew Kipling, who is the vice president of.....well, nothing? Here's the letter:

Dear Thao

Just writing on behalf of myself and the other dedicated volunteers of "Clean up Mitcham" to thank you for your extraordinary efforts on the weekend of the 30th! Many of the volunteers commented on your enthusiasm and passion for the project even though you're not a citizen of Mitcham and found this to be heartwarming to say the very least

I also wanted to personally thank you for your advice on adding baking soda to the seed of the lorikeets at the Mitcham aviary to help with breeding (!?!?!). It was a smashing success, there are now two mating pairs out of the eight and both are believed to expecting in the next month, it's an exciting time for all. I hope you can come down and visit our expectant mothers in this time if it is to your convenience, I'm sure Mr Johback would be most interested to talk to you about further advice regarding the aviary,

Also by this time I'm sure you have found enclosed a copy of Keith Sweats album "Keep it comin" on cassette, featuring the smash hit single "I want to love you down" which I found in the bottom of a old suitcase in my house last week, You earned it!

Once again from myself and the rest of the committee, a big thanks you!!, You will forever be a friend tot he city of Mitcham and we hope to see you at our next meeting at the community centre on the 16th of august at 7:30pm.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Kipling
Vice President

What the fuck!?

It's safe to say that my parents don't understand funk. They watch me throwing my fists around and shouting "woooo!", and they think I'm on drugs again. Hmmm, how do I translate "I'm high on life" into vietnamese? Anyway, I recommend "Blow Fly, the funkiest obscene muther I've heard in a while. Props to Crackers for showing me the light.

2 Comments:

Blogger still_figuring_out said...

lol.
i too think someone`s playing a prank, cause seriously,

"I hope you can come down and visit our expectant mothers in this time if it is to your convenience, I'm sure Mr Johback would be most interested to talk to you about further advice regarding the aviary,"

is a bit too much. lol.

12:20 PM  
Blogger anon said...

This has got to be some kind of sick joke. I mean, the sarcasm in this letter just keeps piling up like some sadistic Voltron (sorry, just worked all week, can't think of my own witty quips).
--M

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home